Junior Pipeline Integrity Engineer / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world- wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an oil and gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Junior Pipeline Integrity Engineer on a 12 month contract based in Edmonton, AB.
- Perform reliability analysis for assets using existing tools (ERA, Python, MatLab, @Risk). This includes hands-on application of existing reliability models (e.g. Monte Carlo simulations, Bayesian Network, Fault Tree, Decision Tree) for integrity and non-integrity threats.
- Perform more detailed investigations for lines/segments/features do not meet integrity reliability targets following existing processes.
- Address stakeholders’ requests including problem definition, data collection, application of standard assessment techniques, and communication of results. Support more senior team members for complex requests that exceed standard processes.
- Participate in the documentation and effective communication of methodology, results, limitations, etc. to internal and external stakeholders for standard assessments.
- Provide guidance to more junior staff members or external consultants to support project tasks.
- Support continuous improvement of different assessment tools and techniques through:
- Researching relevant literature;
- Collecting relevant data for feasibility analysis and system- wide analysis; propose improvement ideas for better data accuracy and data quality;
- Assisting with the automation and improvement of existing models.
- Support the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and work instructions.
- Support the generation of industry publications and technical reports.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from APEGA (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics;
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs;
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Some knowledge of statistical tools (such as @RISK or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to technical engineering/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers and stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver self-directed tasks and stakeholder requests.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver thorough technical analysis and recommendations.
- Strong safety and integrity values.
- Relevant experience with risk assessment, reliability, or statistical/probabilistic analysis.
- Experience with pipeline integrity reliability software (such as PIRAMID or ReliaSoft).
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Baseline understanding of scripting languages (such as Python, VBA, C#).
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - senior ventilation engineer - reputable large gold operator project manager - civil engineering vp operations contracts manager lead electrical engineer production engineer- gom environmental advisor asset maintenance specialist mechanical asset engineer mechanical maintenance fitter maintenance electrician - nights senior electrical engineer package engineer - hydro mechanical package engineer - electrical project coordinator - intermediate construction area manager (refinery) thermal barrier coating specialist thermal barrier coating specialist operations hse advisor offshore foms delivery coach planner iv construction & commissioning hse advisor business manager at rationale ltd maintenance team leader offshore chemist mobile plant operators - mining services provider e&i designer contracts specialist - iron ore company civil project engineer - road construction civil supervisor - mrwa projects spe / pm - bridge construction learn arabic project delivery manager fixed plant maintenance electrician - mining client fixed plant electrician - 2:1 roster fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 production engineer- gom senior maintenance engineer maintenance coordinator commercial analyst - shipping ship contracts specialist - largest producer of natural gas contracts specialist (pdh) - shipping - largest producer of natural gas instrumentation and controls planner dynamics 365 consultant - home based equipment inventory field tech - major oil and gas producer company it project manager development manager electro mechanical site resident engineer - hydro lead contracts specialist (highways) subsea controls engineer V