The primary accountability of the National Account Manager position is to deliver sales growth and comprehensive account direction of assigned “key customers” for a multinational packaging company.
The position is accountable for direct sales, business development, new product deployments, customer relationship management at all levels, accounts receivables, inventory management, capacity management, pricing administration and interfacing all tactical issues with the account. The role also is responsible for creating and presenting to senior leadership an account strategic and annual business plan including forecast / budget volumes for closures, and capping equipment required to meet all customer expectations and business objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Solicits orders and new business
- Negotiates and executes contracts with terms that can be met by both parties
- Primary liaison with external customer
- Assure contract execution and maintenance
- Ability to motivate and direct other customer support team members
- Sets goals and strategies for resources working on account
- Communicates customer requirements and strategies with recommendations
- Provides strategic plan for new product or service development
- Provides monthly closure forecasts to the S&OP team for product volume and mix
- Manages customer product profitability and makes recommendations for product mix decisions
- Solicits and obtains orders for closures, equipment and supporting services
- Establishes and maintains working relationships between the organisation and customer operations leadership
- Frequent travel is required as part of this position – travel will normally be approx. 50%, but can approach 75%+ in certain weeks.
- 5+ years’ sales experiences in the packaging industry with either flexible or rigid packaging
- Proven experience managing multiple large accounts
- This position requires excellent business communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiating skills, interpersonal management skills, data analytical skills, computer skills and a solid business acumen are also keys to success.
- Advanced level PowerPoint, Excel, Word skills are required.
- Must have comprehension of accounting and finance principles that drive customer and business profitability.
- This position also requires an appreciation for technical complexities, and a willingness to learn the technical nuances of the closures and capping equipment businesses.