We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world- wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst II
in Calgary, AB.
The ideal candidate will be local to Calgary
or be willing to relocate.
Provides strategic and operational leadership by:
- Participating in the development of department strategies and translating these into the development of business solutions
- Providing advice and counsel to client teams that provide the basis for making critical business decisions
Each specialist provides unique technical expertise, e.g.,:
Buying Channel Enablement:
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a electronic buying channels such as catalogs, blankets, and electronic PO in SAP/Oracle
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a standardized Pricing Catalogue, which is a tool used by SSC Buyers to place orders using pre-negotiated contract pricing, preventing contract value leakage from potential overpayments, enabling faster processing of purchases and reducing order processing costs through automation with ENG-Supplier systems
- Ensuring compliance with the contracted material specifications requested by the business
Online Requisition Management
- Assessing, supporting and optimizing the purchase requisition process, e.g., ensuring compliance with Canadian and American processes and standards, coaching SCC Buyers in the use of SAP and ORACLE tools
Transaction Data Management
- Analyze P2P transaction data to establish and report on KPI’s
- Conducting research and analysis with line clients and SCC Buyers to determine their needs, and translate those needs into standards, e.g., create part numbers, and map those to inventory
P2P Process Improvement
- Develop tools and templates such as job aids, Buying Guide, Quick Reference guides to improve transaction efficiency
- Provide advisory services to the transactional buying team to improve on key KPI’s
- Perform training on buying processes in SAP as well as Oracle
Provides mentorship by:
- Acting as a mentor to professionals
- Providing input into human resource activities as required, e.g., professional development, compensation decisions, succession planning, performance management, respectful workplace, etc.
- Managing and leading health, safety and environmental excellence and compliance within own sphere of influence
- Fostering an environment in which continuous improvement of systems, tools, processes and standards takes place, often in the role of a champion of change in mindsets and behaviours.
- Purpose and nature of contacts:
- Verbal and written communication includes influencing, negotiating, coaching, mentoring, and motivating
- Communications are complicated by the commercial depth and breadth of the work, the complexity of integrating objectives with other stakeholders, and the need for influencing and managing change and acceptance of new methods in internal client groups and external stakeholders
- Required to communicate complex commercial and process issues to internal clients and external stakeholders, Management Teams; legal counsel; suppliers; regulatory agencies; local, regional and international authorities; customers
- As a SME, negotiates with and influences internal and external stakeholders in situations in which they may not be predisposed to agree, e.g., initiate and manage change in long-held processes and operational cultures
- Represents the enterprise on commercial and industry associations/committees, e.g., American Professional Purchasing Society (APPS), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Daily interactions with the leader to, among other activities, discuss progress, troubleshoot issues
- Daily collaboration with team members to frame issues, solve problems, provide mentorship and relay feedback
- Weekly interactions with the Business Unit to inform them on progress and solicit input on strategic decisions/deliverables
- Ad hoc interactions with stakeholder communities in several jurisdictions
- Ad-hoc interactions with the rest of the organization to support department objectives.
- University degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, Commerce, or related field
- SAP and ORACLE systems experience will be highly desirable especially in developing and maintaining catalogs and blankets
- 4 years of progressively responsible and related experience in the SCM field, including SAP and ORACLE
- Aptitude and communications skills related to leading and acting independently as a member of the team
- Proven interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, take initiate, lead and manage change
- Professional certification, e.g., Purchasing Management Association of Canada, Institute for Supply Management
- Master’s Degree.