We are a specialist Engineering staffing agency has a client who is contracted to build an integrated FM solution for a new client has a number of vacancies for M&E/Fabric Asset Surveyors – Asset Verification Project.
Duration: Dependent on region but between 2-6 months
Hour Rate: 40 hour week
Corporate Job Title: M&E/Fabric Asset Surveyor
Reports to : M&E Lead/Fabric Lead
Location: NW initially
Project Brief: Our client has contracted to build an integrated FM solution for a new client, Phase 1 of which will go live in January 2019, followed by three subsequent phases in 2019. A critical data project within this Programme is the field-verification of the buildings and assets within each region in a timescale sufficient to allow for data preparation and load in time for each phased, regional cutover. This will involve national asset verification survey to ensure an appropriate asset register is constructed using a new asset hierarchy, and the appropriate maintenance regimes are mapped against this asset register ready for CAFM load and operational go-live.
2. Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A self-starter, motivated to succeed with forensic attention to detail and an ordered pragmatic approach to gathering survey data.
- A Chartered professional, or if the surveyor is not Chartered, then their past roles must be within the building electrical or mechanical building services industry and have a minimum 10-15 years-experience in either a building, electrical or mechanical engineering discipline.
- Are able to identify failures in mechanical and electrical building services and have the capability to ascertain / specify appropriate remedial works.
- Possess a minimum 5 years building fabric surveying experience.
- Be conversant and can identify defects / failures in building structures, components and finishes and then have the capability to recommend appropriate remedial works.
- Possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Be an exemplary time manager, organiser and planner.
- Be both diligent and methodical and have an enquiring mind set.
- Have experience and proficiency in the use of a tablet and in particular in the capturing of survey data electronically.
- Generally have good asset management software experience and knowledge.
- Possess an engineering qualification in mechanical or electrical building services.
- Have received training in assessing building structures and their defects.
- Hold a current Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) awareness annual training certificate which must be valid throughout the survey programme.
- Holds a current biannual Roof Safe Access training certificate which must be valid throughout the survey programme.
- Hold a valid qualification in mechanical and electrical engineering.?
- Is a fully Chartered professional member within the building, electrical or mechanical professional bodies.
- Has experience in delivering or working within in the Facilities Management business domain.
- Has experience working within a healthcare environment for a period of at least 3 years.
- Has previous experience in using Mobiess software to undertake and capture survey data.
- Holds an IOSH working safely certificate or a qualification equal to or above.
- Holds a risk assessment training certificate.