As a result of a new contract award we have an immediate opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer with airfield experience to handle all aspects of Health and Safety of an Airport Maintenance Contract in Bahrain.
The Safety Officer will ensure the adherence and implementation of the company’s management systems and its obligations, raise employee awareness in relation to quality, safety, environment & security matters.
- Carry inspections as the works are being executed
- Conduct inspections on vehicles, machines, equipment and tools to ensure conformance to applicable requirements.
- Check the availability of protection equipment, tools & employee welfare arrangements at all locations.
- Investigate incidents; report them internally and to the Client
- Liaise with Project Manager, and Client in quality, safety, environment and security matters and keep them updated.
- Conduct internal audits, issue written reports and liaise with Project Manager to ensure effective disposition of non-conformities.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of company’s management systems.
- Attend meetings and joint inspections with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Carry required drills & exercises as required.
- Deliver companies induction program to new employees.
- Conduct toolbox talks & awareness sessions to raise employee awareness regarding quality, safety, environment & security matters.
- Compile required reports and statistics and keep required records.
- Build relations with the different stakeholders and ensure presenting company as a professional business player and maintain company’s reputation.
Required Education & Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma certified
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Civil)
- Knowledge of ICAO Annex – 14
- Experience working on an airfield maintenance (Runways, taxiways etc.)