10 Month Contract
As the Business Applications Technician you would be part of a large team reporting directly to workstream lead for business applications supporting an oil and gas project transition. Key Accountabilities
- Install, configure and support desktop Operating Systems, applications and hardware by providing 1st and 2nd line technical support.
- Execute and implement software ghosting and distribution by following documented procedures.
- Provide basic IT training and awareness to users by walking them through implemented technologies.
- Execute disaster recovery procedures in relation to desktops by utilizing state-of-the-art technologies.
- Maintain good records of desktop software and hardware information through correct inventory, store management and data maintenance.
- Act as the first level of communication with the business community through daily contacts.
- BA/BS or higher equivalent degree in (business) information systems, computer engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in installing and supporting desktop systems in a distributed environment.
- High performing individual with strong track record and significant experience in IT development or data migration.
- Proficient in the usage/application of desktop standard diagnostic and testing tools.
- Industry certification in major IT desktop products is a plus.
- Highly motivated and performing individual with ingenuity and creativity.
- Collaborative team player with ability to prioritize and execute tasks.