The Compensation Specialist as part of the Human Capital team will advise, design and conduct, job design, compensation & benefits, and salary administration processes to enable the company to attract and retain a high caliber and diverse workforce at a competitive cost. Key Accountabilities
- Deliver job design services encompassing job analysis and job evaluation validation and ensure all permanent positions in the Company have current and evaluated job descriptions.
- Chair JD Review Panel meetings and coordinate JD review panel training as required.
- Plan, develop and execute the Job Family Model (JFM) / Career Ladder Levels process ensuring that the job design remains current and relevant.
- Conduct analysis of organizational changes or requests from management to identify positions that require job analysis, job description and JE.
- Determine and advise on job codes and ensures that all position titles are aligned with the Company position title framework.
- Ensure the uploading all JDs into SAP database and ensuring the JDs are up to date, to enable employee access.
- Conduct internal job evaluation and validate external job evaluation to ensure fair, accurate and consistent job grading.
- Review the annual performance bonus and merit increase process, ensure correct calculations and meet the submission deadline. Ensure payment is completed as per management approvals and take corrective action for any discrepancies found.
- Conduct salary administration activities by processing personnel action forms, recommending salary for new hires, advising on the implications related to new hire salaries, promotions, transfers and ensure policy is applied appropriately.
- Devise and implement appropriate means of communicating information on compensation programs and policies to management and staff to ensure staff awareness of the value of their package and that the motivational elements achieve maximum effect.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or similar.
- Certified in Hay Job Analysis and Hay Job Evaluation.
- 8 years HR experience, including 4 years’ experience in compensation including job design and analysis, job evaluation and exposure to compensation & benefits applications.