The Optimization and Opportunity Manager as part of the Development Planning Department manages Onshore and Offshore wide facilities Optimisation Opportunities for plants.
The Facilities Optimisation opportunities are mainly related to the enhancements and extension of the current programs through its Development Planning phases i.e. (Concept Select and Pre- FEED). Plans for establishing future framework for post Field Production Sustainability programs.
Manages all plant new Technologies assessments, qualifications and engineering studies.
Manages company wide facilities ageing assessments and life Extension Programs and is responsible for executing the programs resultant projects’ through Gate 1 and 2 tasks.
Achieves a high performance of the projects’ (Cost and Schedule) objectives in coordination with projects’ stakeholders and foster smooth business environment and Project Team culture while achieving a high overall safety, environmental and quality targets and adhering to business compliance procedures, ethics and business controls requirements. Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for creating an Ageing and Life Extension Strategy and philosophy for company facilities.
- Responsible for overall plant optimization opportunities and new technology studies.
- Responsible for the implementation and stewardship of the company project management system Gate-1 and 2 stages of the relevant projects.
- Develops and implement plans to ensure that the handover of the projects takes place in a timely and effective manner to the post gate-2 project phase.
- Develops and implement plans, budgets and forecasts to ensure that all the projects are delivered in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Monitors, manages and influences the activities of contractors performing engineering work, to ensure compliance with projects’ objectives and contractual requirements.
- Ensures that the Project Development Team operates within appropriate standards for health, safety and comply with environmental requirement per company and international procedures.
- Ensures that the projects personnel within the Project Development Team (Direct Hires & Secondees) are provided with appropriate training, mentoring and development so they achieve their full potential to facilitate the building of team capability.
- Manages and directs the activities of Project Development Team.
- Administers personnel policy and procedures for team members.
BS/MS Engineering Knowledge and/or Experience
- Extensive experience, minimum 15+ years, in the development project concept select and the preparation of Pre-FEED phases of major oil and gas process facilities.
- Experience relating to oil and gas facilities Ageing and Life Extension projects.
- Significant experience as a Project Manager, minimum 10 years, typically managing teams of 10 individuals or more over long time lines and on an international basis.
- Good experience of working with contractors.