DCS Engineer (Foxboro) / Italy
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
DCS Engineer (Foxboro)
Are you looking for a new contractor position working on Foxboro DCS? We are seeking a DCS Engineer based in Europe, will be required to work independently or as part of a team based on customer/contract requirements to deliver service on a variety of products. Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position to deliver contract and/or on demand services. The suitable candidate would need to be able to communicate both verbally and written in Italian.
Lead and execute DCS projects for hardware/software engineering, testing and FAT.
- Design/Implementation of controls from SAMA /Functional diagrams/Narratives
- Design/Implementation of graphics from sketches/snapshots/P&IDs
- Creation/modification of Foxboro HW/Internal Point Database
- Implementation of Simulation logics for First-Pass/Process Test
- Virtual controller setup for testing purpose
- Testing of implemented controls and graphics & troubleshooting while testing
- Follow Deapartment Quality processes and procedures
- Scaling of Open loops & closed loops as per the ranges in the HW database
- Use various productivity tools such as DBID tool, Audit Tool, Database Productivity Tool, Device builder etc.
- Conversion of controls and graphics of Third Party DCS/PLC systems
- Third Party Communication
- Support Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) activities
- In-house Ovation Server / Workstation loading
- Upgrade versions of ovation systems
- Lead small projects independently, if required
- Participate in internal Kick of Meeting (KOM) of projects
- Coordination with third party vendors for design/implementation of control and graphics
- Track budget , progress & quality of the projects and ensure periodic reporting to front offices
- Understanding of SAMA/Functional diagrams/P&IDs
- Knowledge of MS-Access & MS-Excel
- Knowledge of Third Party Communication Protocols
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC HW structure
- Knowledge of Logic & Graphics of Third Party DCS/PLC
- Tie- Back/Process Simulation, Testing & Troubleshooting
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- DCS/PLC Commissioning & Troubleshooting
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation with minimum 2 years of experience in process industry
- Good communication, interpersonal skill and drive for results
- Strong computer skills
- Able to work in a team
- Should be able to resolve basic technical matters
The contract would be 3- 6 months with the option to extend. The rate is negotiable depending upon experience .
Should you feel this position is of interest for you; please forward you CV to me.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.