Cost Controller / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following contract opportunity of Cost Controller based in St. John's, Newfoundland.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: One year renewable
Closing date: 2019-02-18 12:00:00
The primary duties and job functions of the Cost Controller shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In conjunction with Human Resources, Supply Chain, Budget Holders and Functional Managers maintain the overall Position (Staffing) Forecast for the project including:
- Keep systems up to data with accurate data regarding new staff joining the project, updating position start &end dates, position additions &deletions, rate changes, expense changes and any other information as needed;
- Document all data changes within the systems and maintain an accurate audit trail of changes;
- Assist budget holders and other Cost Control staff with accurate and timely forecasting of salary and expense costs.
- Review planned and issued purchase requisitions for staffing to ensure that they are within the project scope, the approved budget, and that the correct cost coding has been assigned.
- Review and perform analysis on the Deviation Alert Notices (DANs), Project Change Notices (PCNs) of the Change Management process related to the Position (Staffing) Forecast.
- Ensure accuracy of Position (Staffing) Forecast data contained with the Project Controls Systems, including the verification and validation of information through system reports and audits.
- Work in conjunction with the Clients Finance &Accounting team to ensure complete and accurate reconciliation of staffing costs on a minimum quarterly basis.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of work processes and methods based on best practices and project requirements as related to the Position (Staffing) Forecast.
- Produce various staffing reports that are required for regular progress stewardship, including time reports, overtime reports, incurred cost reports, and final forecast cost reports.
- Work with other Cost Controllers during the month end processes as related to ensuring accurate incurred costs for other aspects of the project beyond the Position (Staffing) Forecast are captured in the Project Controls Systems;
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Cost Controller or the Clients Project Controls Manager (or designate).
- Bachelor degree in Business, Commerce or Engineering with a focus on Cost, Business or Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- 3-S years of business analysis or data management experience, preferably in a project environment combined with a working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access and Excel.
- Good understanding of Project Controls concepts included incurred cost reporting and forecasting.
- Good understanding of the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Control Accounts with relation to Project procurement and invoicing;
- Working knowledge of project management processes, business process improvement methods and change management concepts.
- Sound understanding of project cost control fundamentals with superior analytical skills and expertise in financial or project management systems
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Be an active member in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight deadlines, high pressure and visibility,
- requiring accuracy, initiative and ability to multi-task
- •Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members
- An ability to work with others from widely diverse backgrounds in collaborative team/work group environments.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data.
- Quality focused with acute attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and research skills.
- Has a continual improvement mind-set.
- Proactively approaches and develops innovative solutions to problems.