We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Permit Coordinator? in ?Muskrat Falls, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: One year, renewable
Closing date: 2019-02-15 12:00:00
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the LCP Permit Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate permitting application and reception of new permits including revision permits;
- Providing guidance, support and direction to the project team to ensure the effective coordination and timing of the required permits and approvals as they relate to the project schedule;
- Maintain permitting database where permits and permit conditions/requirements can be easily found and take responsibility to ensure compliance is met;
- Maintain an adequate documentation & filing system for all permit related documentation produced.
- Working with the project team, including the client and sub-contractors to identify all permits and approvals required for the project. These include, but are not limited to those received from contracts, JHAs, LCP Procedure standards to comply and to document compliance with the construction codes, environmental regulations, workplace safety regulations, etc.;
- Coordinate all permitting requirements in liaison with LCP permit authorities;
- Coordinate the verification, review and application of new and revised legislation with respect to permitting within the business unit and coordinate the implementation.
- Participate in the applicable meetings representing the permitting function towards the various project leaders, providing input to and report on progress with planning & scheduling for projects and ongoing operations;
- Communicate closely with the LCP and all contractors and support functions involved in providing the requirements for permit submissions and permit maintenance;
- Assist the training department and be able to train issuers and receivers in the permit procedures and content of permits;
- Clear understanding of HSE Leadership (understand and develop relevance to HSE, capability to drive improved HSE performance, being visible and demonstrating HSE behaviours)
- University graduation with a Bachelor degree in Engineering related discipline, or appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in creating and maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule