Permit Issuer / Canada
We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Permit Issuer in Muskrat Falls Site, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: One year, renewable
Closing date: 2019-02-15 12:00:00
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the LCP Permit Issuer shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the PTW Coordinator in carrying out his/her duties;
- Review Permits to Work with the Permit Receiver;
- Review Permit applications for completeness and accuracy;
- Confirm that Special Permits include all required supporting documents;
- Issue Work Permits to the Contractor;
- Provide assessments of approved Permits to confirm that Permit Receivers are operating within their permitted area and work scope;
- Review Validation and Transfer Certificates for compliance with PTW Procedures;
- Consult with LCP Isolation Authority and HSSER Department as required to resolve technical issues that may arise;
- Perform Permit Office data entry requirements;
- Provide a communications link between the Permit Office and Contractor field personnel.
- Appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an asset.
- Knowledge in the requirements of CSA-Z462 workplace electrical safety
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule