Fabrication Specialist / Azerbaijan
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications.
|Location:||Baku city, Azerbaijan|
|Salary:||Up to GBP601 per annum|
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
- This role is for the Azeri Central East (ACE) project. The Project will build a new Integrated Production, Drilling, Utilities and Quarters Offshore platform (approx. 17K Tonnes) to be installed in the Caspian Sea, Azerbaijan. The project is currently in Define phase and is planned to enter Execute in 1Q19.
- The role will be based in Baku, Azerbaijan at the ACE Project Fabrication yard.
- The role will report to the ACE Project Construction Manager (PCM).
- The ACE Fabrication Specialist will be responsible for the overall fabrication productivity of the ACE Topsides Platform including the associated drilling and living quarters modules.
- Specific emphasis as follows;
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrate excellent personal HSSE leadership and HSE behaviours. Lead, by example, with regards to our client's HSE policies.
- During Execute phase, participate in the implementation of HSE standards through self-verification and oversight activities across the fabrication facility, ensuring investigation and follow-up where required.
- People Management
- Lead a collaborative approach to ensure seamless delivery and a unified vision for success.
- Coaching/mentoring of in-country personnel for technical and leadership development purposes.
- Fabrication Execution Management
- Ensures safe, compliant, reliable and efficient fabrication productivity of the ACE Topsides.
- Ensures Contractor's fabrication work processes and procedures are fully implemented to underpin effective and efficient productivity; evaluate Contractor's core work processes and implement improvements to optimise efficiency.
- Performance-manage fabrication productivity through-out yard workshops and erection areas, minimising double-handling of materials. Evaluate and implement improvements to fabrication productivity.
- Performance-manage contractor's production work package system to optimise fabrication productivity.
- Performance-manage welding productivity ensuring that the best welding techniques and equipment are implemented and being used.
- Performance-manage weld productivity ratio to achieve maximum output with available welders, oversee weld repair ratio to minimise and identify repairs with QA department.
- Performance-manage Contractor's Weld Procedure and Qualification processes to ensure these are generated on-time to support the fabrication timeline.
- Performance-manage the generation of Contractor's manufacturing record books, ensuring accuracy and completeness prior to Mechanical Completion Handover.
- Anticipate and identify adverse trends/events throughout the fabrication productivity cycle and work with the relevant parties to agree performance / improvement steps to achieve safe and on-time execution
- Modernisation and Transformation
- Supports the development and implementation of project modernisation and transformation solutions across the project fabrication phase.
Educated to Degree Level or similar
- A high-level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have significant experience of managing fabrication execution at international fabrication facilities, including exemplary relationship-building and interface management skills.
- Must have a deep knowledge of offshore platform fabrication sequences including associated fabrication workshop processes.
- Proven experience of welding procedure development and associated qualification processes required.
- Sound understanding of our client's Construction Defined Practice and the latest international standards that assure integrity of build and fabrication quality.
- Experience with resolution of HSE issues related to on-site fabrication activities.
- Previous experience in similar role would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Azeri and/or Russian languages would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - above/under ground design coordinator shovel trainer mining ancillary equipment trainer - expat position maintenance engineer - arctic lng project construction supervisor - gas export systems gas gathering pipeline package manager project engineer - chemical senior construction planning lead project control engineer document controller construction & engineering supervisor - 28/28 rotational construction & engineering supervisor - 28/28 rotational project assistant - major oil & gas operator environmental engineer long lead item engineer electrical fitter asset integrity engineer - oil and gas operator device project management cement operator - oil and gas hse specialist production operator - sterile manufacturing project engineer (mechanical) process operator - leading iron ore mining organization process operator - leading iron ore mining organization contracts administrator - $15m aged care project project manager - commercial construction - office fit out project manager - oil & gas industry learn arabic technical assistant lab technician project manager / project engineer (chlor alkali) project manager / engineer interface coordinator / associate project manager lab technician materials coordinator electrical engineer 5 project manager supply quality specialist - multinational pharmaceutical company isp project manager it infrastructure business integrator category team lead - oil and gas major hydro machinist hydro machinist team leader - transmission line and substations resident site manager - critical coal power plant project director - hydro power miljøkoordinator - environmental coordinator rotating equipment engineer static equipment engineer process engineer instrument and control engineer V