Business Development Manager – Chemicals
Location – UK & Europe (Home Based)
Salary – €90,000 – €110,000
We are representing an established and constantly expanding Chemical Distributor, in their search for a Business Development Manager to join their Personal Care team. Our client is currently serving a number of industries, but is aiming to broaden the client base of their Personal Care Business Unit. Therefore they are looking for a proactive salesperson, with excellent connections, who can spearhead this growth.
- Develop new business with current accounts, as well as identifying new business opportunities, to grow the Personal Care client portfolio.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to identify their needs and ensure these are met.
- Create an aggressive and strategic business strategy for the European sales team to follow.
- Call on previously established connections within the industry and attend trade shows and seminars to broaden company network.
- Report sales forecasts and market insights back to the European HQ.
- Manage 2 direct reports in the sales team.
- This position occasionally requires travel to the US office to work with the Global BDM team.
- All in all this individual should be able to use their industry knowledge and connections to develop a consistent pipeline of business and aid the company’s expansion plans.
- At least 8 years’ experience in sales in the Personal Care Chemicals Industry.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or other relevant field.
- A well-established forward book of business which can be called upon.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have a track record of sales achievements to prove business development skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.