We are pleased to offer the following key contract positions: Sr Drilling Engineer (Exploration)
Work Location: Stavanger
Startup: 18.02.2019 - 14.02.2020
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time
Closing date: 2019-01-17 12:00:00
- Independently design wells to meet the well objectives, and in accordance with governing regulations and company`s processes and procedures.
- Prepare relevant input to key well planning documents, main drilling programs, drilling programs, HAZOP/ risk assessments, budget cost estimates, AFE’s and final well report. Implement well integrity throughout planning and execution phase.
- Execute the drilling programs and provide onshore technical support to the drilling operations.
- Ensure that drilling operations are carried out in accordance with objectives set out for safety and environmental performance.
- Monitor and report drilling operation performance.
- Follow up and QA/QC supplier’s services, studies and equipment deliveries.
- Facilitate and coordinate risk weighted decision analysis as required.
- Ensure lessons learned are incorporated into the designs.
- Offshore work and follow up as required.
- Comply with and follow up the MOC process (Management of Change).
- Ensure interface work towards other departments (facility, subsurface etc) is followed up.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering or other relevant education.
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in D&W operations.
- Good knowledge of regulations and relevant standards.
- Extensive experience with well planning and well planning software.
- Sound technical understanding of development and exploration drilling, HSE and field operations.
- Experience with drilling operations using semi-submersible rigs.
- Good understanding of geology, subsea and commercial aspects.
- Offshore experience with drilling operations.
- Creative, open, responsible and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.