To provide advice and assistance to Line Managers and Supervisors on all aspects of SHE concerning the FPSO to ensure that relevant Health and Safety Legislation, Company Health and Safety Standards and Industry Practices are complied with.SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- A professional safety qualification is required eg, British Safety Council Diploma in Safety Management, ROSPA Safety Inspector or NEBOSH Diploma in Safety Management. Leadership supervisory and training skills are essential.
- The jobholder needs to have a working knowledge of safety legislation relevant to North Sea Installations, of safe working practices, fire-fighting systems and techniques, and emergency response management.
- The job holder must have a good understanding of environmental requirements relevant to the site.
- The job holder must have a good understanding of offshore production and maintenance operations, drilling operations, diving, helicopter and supply vessel operations, and the handling of explosives and hazardous chemicals.
- The job holder must have expert knowledge of legislation and systems for dealing with radioactive substances including LSA scale, radiography sources and down hole logging tool sources.
- The job holder must also be competent in the techniques of safety auditing, accident investigation and reporting.
- The job holder needs to be computer literate in order to update statistical databases, create presentations and essential documents, process and forward digital photographs.
- The job holder must have good presentation skills.
- The job requires a good level of physical fitness in order to lead fire teams and patrol installation.
- Current offshore training and medical certification