Principal Development Engineer - Perth WA
Purpose of the Role
- Execute the technical scope of the study in line with the client's business philosophy and the relevant business processes.
- Maintain a good client relationship, ensuring they are informed of study technical progress.
- Should any technical issues arise, ensure both business management and the client are informed at the earliest opportunity.
- Support the development of systems thinking strategies and models
- Contribute best practice to the study
- Support the development of commercial proposals to Clients (CTR estimate generation) Key
- Accountable for surface facilities and flow assurance work on the study performed by the Developments team
- Manage the project execution of high-quality FEL1 & FEL2 phase scopes for clients. This work is to be performed whilst working in accordance with the client's policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, and relevant regulatory requirements.
- All work is completed ensuring that specific tasks are performed safely, effectively and in compliance with agreed objectives.
- Maintain a strong focus on budgets/costs and ensure all team members understand and apply similar principles to deliver optimum value solutions for the study
- Manage the development of Facilities CAPEX, OPEX, and schedule estimates for field development concept & select stage study
- Lead the project risk identification, mitigation and quantification elements through the applicable project phases. Core Competencies Skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-discipline team to understand and interpret client needs and generate and recommend field development solutions for both Greenfield and brownfield onshore and offshore projects.
- Ability to estimate scopes of work and execute projects within schedule and budget.
- To be able to use the applicable software tools including Hysys (and other AspenTech software), Pipesim and Olga.
- Good interface skills with clients and the ability to prepare presentations, briefs and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Plans work program and keeps the study team abreast of progress
- Coaches junior personnel and provides feedback to the team/individuals
- Business awareness, and ability to identify potential areas of commercial and technical risk. Identifies future business opportunities with the client
- Willingness to develop/share best practices, work processes, system and tools.
- Full command of English language written and spoken
- Detailed knowledge of process engineering and field development for onshore and offshore facilities including Greenfield and brownfield work scopes.
- Detailed knowledge of flow assurance for feasibility, conceptual and pre-FEED design phases.
- Experience with Integrated Production Modelling (IPM) considered advantageous
- Builds relationships
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration
- Results oriented
- Analytical / Problem Solver
- Communicates and persuades
- Commercially astute
- Must be willing to travel
Qualification & Training
- Chemical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (preferable)
- 10 + years of experience in process engineering, field development and flow assurance
- At least 5+ at pre-FEED (i.e. business planning, feasibility and concept) level