The LSOC Contracts Assistant will be carry out the following general activities:
- Be familiar with the contractual requirements of LSOC contractors with a specific focus on the RAP Planning and RAP Implementation contracts’ reporting and invoicing requirements
- Support the LSOC team in the verification process of Personnel Mobilization and time sheets submitted against the allocation of days per consultant per Contractor
- Verify invoices for personnel against personnel mobilization forms and allocated days
- Verify receipts against invoices against agreed rates and approvals
- Develop expenditure tracking mechanism for each contract
- Set up a consolidated file gathering all types of measurable of the Provisional Sum contract (man-hours /mondays, travel expenses, …) with a comparison Actual Vs Planned/Estimated in order to monitor and control closely the contract execution
- Identify and track any deviation between Actual and Planned/Estimated and alert the management
- Verify monthly time sheets of all LSOC team contractors and submit for signature
- Verify expenses invoices of all LSOC team contractors and submit for signature
- Report on a monthly basis expenditure against planned expenditure and overall budget
- Complete SAP Purchase Requisition forms drafts for management signature
- Complete Purchase Order 10 for purchases of less than 10 000 USD for management signature
- As necessary support the Client Finance and Administration Assistant in the organization of meetings, training, reservations for travel and accommodation for LSOC team
- As necessary support the Clients Finance and Administration Assistant in other administrative support for the LSOC team and wider Client team
- Replace the Client Finance and Administration Assistant in her wider functions when she is absent from the office
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the hierarchy
Context and environment
- LSOC team is a growing team with almost 50 team members either staff or contractors, office and field based
- Many contracts in place require close tracking, verification of invoices and expenditure
- Post holder needs to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, be discreet and respect confidentiality
- Adherence to Client code of Conduct, procedures and policies required
- The position may require the performance of other ad-hoc tasks around the Company as necessary.
- Responsible for verification of time sheets, invoices for submission and approval by department management.
- Responsible for tracking expenditure against budgets and reporting to department management.
- Advanced Degree in business administration, finance or related subject essential.
- 10 years professional working experience in administration or related field essential.
- Experience of working with large teams and working collaboratively essential.
- Project Management, budgeting estimating and reporting experience essential.
- Proven computer and analytical skills required including word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluency in English and Swahili (written and spoken) required.