Job Title: Project Controls EngineerJob Type: PermanentLocation: Houston, TX
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing Chemicals Operator, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Controls Engineer to be based in Houston, TX. Responsibilities
In charge of scheduling, cost engineering and reporting for multiple projects in execution which range from 30 to 200 m$. Reports operationally to Project Managers and functionally to the Director of Project Controls. Scheduling
- Implement appropriate scheduling and progress measurement processes for capital projects following Company guidelines and procedures.
- Develop baseline schedule with all project stakeholders (Company business lines, Technology providers, Engineering partners, Suppliers, Contractors, etc), using, to a maximum extent, resources and/or quantities loading
- Define for each project WBS and the associated progress measurement procedure
- Review and analyse subcontractors’ schedule updates and adherence to their initial plan. Understand and challenge the deviations.
- Collect and validate the physical progress from the various project stakeholders - Update the associated S-Curves
- Coordinate with all parties to update the master project schedule on regular basis, both actual and forecast dates
- Analyze critical path(s), schedule variances, progress trends and allocation of resources
- Produce KPIs such as labor productivity, procurement pace, erection quantities, etc.
- If any, analyze subcontractors’ claims for delay and associated mitigation / recovery plans
- Implement appropriate cost engineering processes for capital projects following Company guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain cost baseline and forecast for a portfolio of projects in accordance with the defined cost breakdown structure
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure - Define cash flow forecasts
- Analyze all additional charges or claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all potential project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Coordinate with Finance for cost reconciliations.
- Update and maintain quantity register for ongoing projects.
- Management of project contingencies.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to issue Project Management Report on monthly basis (cost / schedule actuals and forecast, milestones, trends, risks and contingencies)
- Attend project review meeting.
- Actively contribute in development and global support of cost management and benchmarking tools as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Project Development to provide feedbacks, lessons learnt and benchmarks in order to support the estimating of future projects.
Job Specific Skills (key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree or related field
- 7-10 years minimum of experience in project control in petrochemicals, oil & gas, mining, infrastructure or nuclear industry.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical & organization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ensure confidentiality and uses discretion in work-related matters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation delivery to large / small group
- Fluent in Primavera P6, Ares Prism and Excel
- Prior experience with Oracle R12 and SAP is an added value