We are currently recruiting for a number of Planners/Schedulers for a growing client of ours to support projects across the United States. The Scheduler will provide full project planning services across all phases of the program. The program consists of a number of pharmaceutical projects including campus builds. The Scheduler's primary responsibility is to prepare and manage the master integrated schedule to an agreed WBS with key responsibilities for each section prepared. Major phases of the work is expected to include; Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Start-up, including start up requirements.
The ideal candidate can work independently from a scheduling perspective and work closely with the project team by leading and clearly communicating the planning deliverables from conception to successful completion and close out.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The primary role of the Scheduler is to provide planning and scheduling services and deliverables.
- Understanding and adherence to PMO scheduling procedures and operating practices.
- Managing the project specific WBS responsibility for all project sections ensuring that responsibility and ownership of each section is clear
- Manage the fully integrated project schedule and ensure it is structured and coded to allow presentation at a range of levels and details
- Review external schedules to ensure that they are compiled to good scheduling practices
- Ensure that all partners complete Basis of Schedule documents in a comprehensive fashion. Prepare Basis of Schedule documents
- Ensure all project schedule(s) are prepared to good scheduling practices conforming to
- Critical Path methodology techniques and identify critical and near critical activities
- Ensure project schedules include for all scope and identifies all key milestones and timelines
- Ensure schedule adheres to the Project Execution Plan and in particular contracting, procurement and project control strategy documents and plans
- Identify conflicting concurrent activities which may impact on the overall project completion dates and key milestones
- Provide progress reporting on a weekly or monthly basis as determined by the PM and Project Controls Plan
- Ensure there is clear method in place for baselining of schedules and managing periodic update
Desired Experience and Education:
- 5-10 years experience in planning and scheduling across a number of major industrial CAPEX Projects in a heavy technical live Pharmaceuticals and associated Infrastructure / Commercial (campus, clean rooms, etc)
- Experience in QRA software, Primavera Risk Analyser or @Risk Project Module
- Expert knowledge of Primavera planning software
- Demonstrate experience in QRA with the ability to interpret and communicate findings to Project Management and Client teams as well as Contractor partners
- Ability to lead a team of Planners through all Phases of any project or development from inception to completion. Ability to negotiate, mediate and delegate
- Strong MS office skills
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
- Degree in a construction related discipline
We are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.