Reports to: Drilling Manager
To provide the operational focus for the project team and be the single point contact for operational decision making. To proactively manage operational HSE issues. He will be concerned about the operational team's performance in executing the drilling/testing plan and will continually strive to improve the performance of all concerned including all sub-contractors but particularly focusing on the drilling contractor.
- Control and direction of drilling and testing operations on a short to medium term basis.
- Preparations for mobilization of the rig and all required third party equipment and load outs.
- Working with engineering, operations geology, logistics and finance personnel to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- Preparation and implementation of emergency response, oil spill contingency and other contingency plans in conjunction with the Drilling Manager and HSE department.
- Providing input, reviewing and accepting the drilling/testing/abandonment programs
- Interfacing with the drilling contractors and service companies to ensure HSE and operational performance are meeting agreed standards.
- Assist in preparation/evaluation of drilling service and logistics tenders.
- Lead or take part in operations risk assessments.
- Control and co-ordination of critical/emergency situations as defined in the Emergency Response Manual.
- Follow up of incident/accident reports in his area of responsibility.
- Taking part in regular operational and HSE audits of the drilling rig and supply bases.
- Promoting the involvement of relevant parties in the operational decision making process.
- Taking part in operations close out and lessons learnt activities.
- At least 15 years oilfield drilling experience with both engineering and operational roles.
- Extensive offshore exposure on semi - submersible and jack up drilling vessels including time served as a Senior Drilling Supervisor
- Extensive experience on HPHT wells preferably in the Nam Con Son basin.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a proven track record on a number of exploration drilling projects
- At least 5 years as a Drilling Superintendent
- Engineering degree.