Ops HSE Advisor / Chad
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications.
|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
OPS HSE Advisor
- Reporting to the Chad Health, Safety, Security, Environment & General Services Manager, the Ops Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will be responsible for:
- Provide Health and Safety oversight on both the construction and production activity set at our client's Field Operations.
- Provide clear, consistent and quality Health and Safety information, advice, guidance and monitoring services to the Field Management Team.
- Function as the Health and Safety compliance gatekeeper providing verification that all relevant Health and Safety best practices; policies and procedural expectations are realized, while promoting a culture of continuous risk management.
- Mentor, monitor and audit the effectiveness of the Permit to Work System on site ensuring appropriate risk assessment and isolations are in place for Control of Work.
- Managing Health and Safety matters through the effective use of resources to achieve the project's Health and Safety goals and objectives.
- Communicate pertinent best practice, lessons learned, safety & environmental alerts.
- Manage all aspects of the Safety Observation Program.
- Support contractors to implement toolbox talks, safety meetings, training, competency standards, drills and exercises.
- Providing guidance, coaching and mentoring to local Health and Safety personnel in the delivery of the project's health and safety expectations and to ensure their development.
- Assist the HSSE & GS and Field Manager through the robust review and testing of all Emergency & Contingency plans.
- Be an active member of the Emergency Response Team as determined. Champion the roll out of any health and safety site initiatives.
- Support, promote, implement and monitor our client's Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE-MS), HSE Policy, procedures and programs to all personnel.
- Review, update, and implement in the field safety and accident prevention training programs, safety inspections, policies and procedures.
- Promote safety culture and strive for excellent HSE performance in Chad operations.
- Facilitate and participate in Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis for specific jobs as and when required.
- Participating in HAZOP,HAZID and Management of Change reviews for the different phases of the project's development when required
- Ensure accurate and timely Health and Safety (H&S) services are provided to the client's team, compiling and reporting of daily, weekly and monthly HSE statistics.
- Understand, utilize and enforce the HSE-MS Bridging documents, ensure compliance with all parties.
- Maintain pertinent documentation and records associated with scopes of work.
- Ensure adequate HSE inductions are completed
- Conducting quality incident/accident investigation to determine root causes, provide action steps to prevent reoccurrence, and ensure all incidents and safety matters are reported directly to the Chad HSEC Manager in a timely fashion.
- Track all actions resulting from incident investigations and audits to ensure effective close-out.
- Identify HSE-MS gaps and Safe Operating Practices to HSEC Manager and support development of HSE procedures.
- Required to deliver training to employees in addition to, liaising and consulting with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as required.
- To cover all field HSE related activities
- A minimum of 10 years health and safety experience in oil and gas production.
- Formal qualification in health and safety, e.g. University technical degree or NEBOSH IGC (Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant strong experience.)
- Experience of operating in a field based processing/production operations environment, with good understanding of process safety hazards and the safety critical controls required to manage process safety hazards.
- Evidence validating track record of presenting information to managers and staff.
- Experience of developing, reviewing and implementing health and safety policies and guidance within a complex Organization.
- Experience with HSE management systems development and evaluation.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating employees at all levels to achieve health and safety performance.
- Supervisory experience in production operations in the functional position of a Health and Safety Advisor.
- Proven Process Safety knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency level skills, required to create and respond to letters, emails and compile reports.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Have demonstrated interpersonal / teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills English, French desirable) in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and report and present it simply and accurately.
- Forward planning required for weeks and months ahead, the post holder should be able to work independently andis responsible for delivering on the expectation of the HSE Team goals and objectives.
- Highly developed communication skills required to persuade and influence managers to carry out their responsibilities to implement policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable post-qualification experience as a Health and Safety practitioner providing operational and strategic health and safety advice to senior managers.
- Experience from leading health and safety team, in a multi-discipline project team through the engineering, construction and completion phases of a project.
- Experience of designing health and safety training courses
- French speaker
How to Apply
Latest Jobs - senior ventilation engineer - reputable large gold operator project manager - civil engineering vp operations contracts manager lead electrical engineer production engineer- gom environmental advisor asset maintenance specialist mechanical asset engineer mechanical maintenance fitter maintenance electrician - nights senior electrical engineer package engineer - hydro mechanical package engineer - electrical project coordinator - intermediate construction area manager (refinery) thermal barrier coating specialist thermal barrier coating specialist operations hse advisor offshore foms delivery coach planner iv construction & commissioning hse advisor business manager at rationale ltd maintenance team leader offshore chemist mobile plant operators - mining services provider e&i designer contracts specialist - iron ore company civil project engineer - road construction civil supervisor - mrwa projects learn arabic spe / pm - bridge construction project delivery manager fixed plant maintenance electrician - mining client fixed plant electrician - 2:1 roster fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 fixed plant electrician - 2:1:2:4 production engineer- gom senior maintenance engineer maintenance coordinator commercial analyst - shipping ship contracts specialist - largest producer of natural gas contracts specialist (pdh) - shipping - largest producer of natural gas instrumentation and controls planner dynamics 365 consultant - home based equipment inventory field tech - major oil and gas producer company it project manager development manager electro mechanical site resident engineer - hydro lead contracts specialist (highways) subsea controls engineer V