An oil and gas major operator currently require a Contracts Engineer for a major capital project to be based in Paris, France for a 6 month contract initially.
The Contracts Engineer will provide assistance as required to manage and administer the contract documentation from prequalification up to the award of multiple project contracts a major upstream Ugandan development.
The Contracts Engineer will also:
- Support the contracts team for the award of key infrastructure contracts by spring 2019.
- Contracts include construction, shared services frame agreements, and some supply contracts which are part of the global contracts mosaic of the Project Facilities to be awarded in the months to come.
- Administration of the prequalification process of potential Contractors and Suppliers.
- Preparation of the Call for tender documentation
- Review and evaluation of Contractual/Commercial proposals including the detailed assessment of contractual qualifications
- Contractual support for the preparation of the Recommendation to award
- Finalization of contract documentation ready for signature
The enabling infrastructure packages comprising of multiple civil works and construction services contracts will aim at maximizing the works for local contractors and enhancing the national content of the project.
You will be a Qualified Contracts engineer with proven experience in similar contracts: construction and civil works and experience with FIDIC contracts; have knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects; Good general knowledge & understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services
Professional experience: approximately 10 years, practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of technical contracts in the onshore oil and gas sector or petrochemical industries; Professional experience with National contractors in regions implementing industrial national content regulations; Cultural awareness and ability to promote a healthy working relationship with the potential National Contractors and Suppliers; Fluent in English.
Due to the location of the assignment, only applicants eligible to work in the EU will be considered.