Senior Structural Engineer - Dams and Hydropower
Actively seeking Senior Structural Engineer for Permanent position to be based in Vancouver Canada for permanently based position.
You will have extensive analysis and design experience on large and small hydro power projects. As structural Engineer you will be part of an engineering team and will be responsible for providing technical leadership and the design of concrete and steel structures involving dam spillways, intake structures, power house, hoist support structures and stability analyses of dams and related structures.
Particular experience in the seismic analysis and design, particularly involving Response Spectrum and Time History Analyses of hydro power structures will be an asset.
Qualification and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- A Master's degree in structural engineering a bonus
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, and at least 8 years of relevant experience working on hydropower projects, involving the analysis and design features of hydropower projects.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Performing design calculations.
- Preparing specifications for a variety of structural engineering tasks involving construction and/or rehabilitation of concrete and steel structures for hydroelectric generating stations, substations, and dams.
- Developing detailed designs as well as overseeing and guiding the preparation of civil/structural drawings for construction.
- Leading and managing the process of engineering commitments in accordance with scope, schedule, budget and procedures to ensure successful project completion.
- Managing the design teams of junior structural engineers and designers, for successful completion of the project(s).
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant engineering standards and internal procedures for all design activities.
- Maintaining structural engineering work procedures and computer aided design programs.
- Preparing and contributing to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Stamp documents and drawings as required
- Assist in preparing proposals
Salary Package: Negotiable (depending on experience)
To be considered for this role, you will need to already have residency or right to work in Canada.
For more information please contact me directly