The job holder is responsible for all the scheduling, planning, progress measurement activities of the Phase 2 Batch 1 project. As such, the job holder is responsible for:
- An Integrated Phase 2 Batch 1 schedule, covering jacket and topside packages, up to Start-up. The Integrated schedule will be based on the schedule of the contractors, and will be the tool used for control of project activities
- Coordinating the activities related to Phase 2 Batch 1 scheduling and planning and progress measurement; Ensure all planning requirements put in place by the contractor shall be in line with overall Project objectives and comply with COMPANY specifications
- Maintaining schedules at Project level, with analysis of critical path and potential clashes and proposal of remedial actions/solutions
- Identify potential delays, analyze and issue proposed corrective actions as required
- Provide planning and scheduling input for cost forecasting, for reporting purposes together with analysis of reasons for any shortfall, potential bottlenecks, mitigating actions etc, as well as for periodic presentations to all parties involved
- Ensuring availability at all times of an updated and accurate scheduling and progress measurement documentation
- Participate to reviews and technical audits on scheduling & progress reporting as required
The Phase 2 Batch 1 consists of:
- New wellhead platforms (WHP) installation: 3 new WHP each including bridges and tie-ins to existing platforms split into two packages for NWHP01 Jackets and NWHP01 Topside
- The Planning Engineer is initially based in the Jacket EPC Contractor premise, than at Topside EPC Contractor premises & offshore as necessary and will report directly to the Planning and Risk Engineer and Package Leads
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instruction and other Company HSE procedures in all activities
- Carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality
- To review and comment contractors' procedures and schedules, scheduling and progress control methodology, and to monitor contractors' execution schedule especially for shutdown works and offshore campaigns. Any potential delays to be identified promptly to the Package Leads and corrective measures proposed
- Validate progress invoices and change order requests from contractors
- Develop, periodically update and maintain the Phase 2 Batch 1 integrated schedule
- To timely report to the Planning & Risk Engineer and Package Leads, highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
- To provide inputs for the packages reports to the Reporting Coordinator as necessary
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Phase 2 Batch 1 Project involve offshore platforms which could be executed across several international sites. The Planning Engineer may have to travel to such places, relocate to Contractor sites and go offshore during but not limited to installation, hookup and shutdown phase. The job holder will interface with other entities of Company especially with Operations for integrated planning matters
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive experience in Project Planning and Scheduling for EPIC projects.
- Experience in Offshore O&G projects.
- Competence in Primavera 6.0, and MS Office Project. Competence in Primavera Risk Analysis preferred
- Competence in use of MS Office applications like Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Good Communication skills and fluency in English.