We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Field Specialist in Nisku, AB.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: April 2019
Closing date: 2018-11-14 12:00:00
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Lead the rig up/ down, function test, pressure test, and operation of all SDS equipment on site and preparing the paperwork requirements with minimal supervision. This can be done in the base or field location.
- Train and mentor Operators.
- Lead and supervise all SDS, mechanical and hydraulic inspection requirements.
- Lead and supervise any changes to SDS, mechanical or hydraulic equipment.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff, client, and 3rd party service providers.
- Document any incidents in the Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Lead and supervise the completion of all field documentation.
- Actively lead in JSAs and operational specific procedures.
- Lead in the Permit to Work process and Tool Box talks.
- Effectively communicate with rig site personnel.
- Troubleshoot SDS equipment and implement corrective action.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office when required.
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations SDS equipment including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance of compression / separation equipment and trouble shooting
- Conversant with all matters related to SDS equipment on site, including regulatory standards
- Know and understand Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- At the discretion of management (Regional and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on SDS personnel when required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies .
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor or management within the physical constraints of the job.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Proficient regarding matters related to pressure safety
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Understand principles of electricity and hydraulics
- Basic computer skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- 2 years of Separation or Compression experience
- 1 year of oilfield supervisory experience
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations and possibly to other countries for extended periods if needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) Preferred
- 3 years of Separation or compression experience
- 2 years of oilfield supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Degree related to the oil and gas industry
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work closely with other team members.
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Required to complete the supervisor competency standards.
- Knowledge of other services and operations in the Oil & Gas industry