We are pleased to offer the following opportunity of Field Operator in Nisku, AB.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: April 2019
Closing date: 2018-11-14 12:00:00
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with maintenance of the SDS equipment at the job site and workshop when required
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Assist with rig up, operate and perform troubleshooting of the SDS equipment at the job site or workshop, ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with
- Assist with green tagging, In Casing Test, or other operational activities required on location or in the shop and all documented procedures for the SDS equipment on location.
- Assist with installing and removing bearing of RCD, if required.
- Under supervision, performs field operations of SDS equipment including operating the MFC from the Operator’s Panel, if required.
- Troubleshoot all electrical/electronic components and repair/maintain chokes and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Learns how to complete all the necessary reports/paperwork related to SDS operations.
- Keeps updated on all inspection requirements for the SDS equipment on the job site and in the shop.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to the SDS equipment and accessories under supervision.
- Provides onsite job support to include but not limited to: mechanical, hydraulic functionality, revision changes, compatibility issues, troubleshooting, system versions, of SDS components.
- Keep updated on SDS equipment, mechanical and hydraulic equipment manufacturing or regulatory standards.
- Know and understand Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Comply with Quality, Health, Security and Environment (QHSE) procedures and documentation on site for specific shift.
- Document all jobs and incidents in the Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Participate in the Permit to Work process.
- Actively participate in Tool Box talks.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies
- Required to complete the competency and training requirements identified by Global and Regional Management.
- Complete training in order to meet the minimum HSE certification and technical requirements required perform their jobs
- Perform all duties regarding Secure Drilling Services and assigned by management or supervisors within the physical demand of the job description.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of pressure safety
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work closely with other team members
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and able to support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn Preferred
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Understand basic principles of hydraulics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be willing to travel to remote land and offshore work locations and possibly to other countries.
- Ability to travel internally in the region or globally if required attending meetings, customer office assignments or operations.
- Preferred 1 year of Managed Pressure Drilling experience
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry
- High School Diploma
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Availability to be on-call, work outside normal business hours and travel as required Preferred