1.1 DESCRIPTION OF THE BENEFIT TO BE ACHIEVED AND DELIVERABLES ASSOCIATED
- To be a focal point of the "water-CO2" stimulation experiments of sub-seismic faults carried out in the underground laboratory of Mont Terri in Switzerland.
- Repatriate geoscience information and data necessary for 3D modelling of "water-CO2" stimulation experiments of sub-seismic faults;
- Ensure the storage of geoscience information and data in the internal database;
- Model and calibrate 3D "water-CO2" stimulation experiments of sub-seismic faults with flow and geomechanical software adapted to fine modelling of the fault plane / corridor by integrating all monitoring data. Which will have been recorded from both a seismic point of view and from a point
- of view of pressure and mechanical deformation;
- Identify and analyse gaps in knowledge and simulation tools;
- Suggest ways of improvement (technologies, experiments, code, etc.), especially by distinguishing between classical methods and innovative methods.
- Weekly activity reports;
- Minutes of meetings on the subjects followed;
- Archiving Dataset Tests in Project Disk Trees * Reports of the results resulting from the modelizations made: assumptions made, type of initialization, complete workflow, analysis of the results, etc.
- Reports on identified gaps and suggestions for improvement.
- Training sessions and workshops on defined topics.
- One publication per year.
1.2 TECHNICAL SKILLS FOR DELIVERY
Within the framework of the benefit, the individual representative will be expected to have a geoscience, engineering school or PhD degree in geology with a strong knowledge of Flow Simulations / Computing Sciences and a history of geomechanics, geology and numerical methods. The individual representative will be expected to be able to do 3D models in geomechanics. An experiment on seismicity induced artificially by pumping operations would be a plus.
Experience in 3D numerical modelling, code, coupling, reservoir geomechanical modelling and, if possible, geological modelling of reservoirs.
Must have long-term experience with one or more oil companies and / or reputable consultants in the field.
- FLAC / 3D
- programming languages etc.
- Located in Pau, France with travel to Switzerland.
Starting Date & Duration
Latest: January 2019
For a period of: 12 months