Job Description for Environmental Advisor - Operations
EHS Specialist / Advisor (s)
- Contribute daily to the safe, responsible, reliable and efficient operations of the assets.
- Collaborate with team members and other resources to ensure assigned activities are completed safely, on budget and on time and continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency of your work.
- Provide visible leadership for safety and risk management to reinforce and contribute to the continuous improvement of safety performance in support of company path to Zero.
- Provide leadership, advocate, monitor and ensure appropriate training, work process and structure are in place to manage/execute the EHS program to assure regulatory compliance within the various jurisdictions to which we operate.
- Supporting and educating operations in identifying, communicating, and managing risks associated with EHS.
Critical Environmental tasks - Site specific as required under the appropriate permit
- Reviewing and receiving Ambient air quality trailer reports from 3rd party
- Reviewing and receiving Passive Air Monitoring reports
- Maintaining the Ground Water monitoring Plan
- Maintaining the Surface Water Management Plan
- Supporting operations with the Fugitive Emissions and Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program
- Review and supporting the Air Emissions and Monitoring Reports
- Participation in completing the Annual Air Report
- Completing the Annual Surface Water Discharge Monitoring Report
- Verification of the Hazardous waste contingency plan
- Verification of the Hazardous waste storage
- Supporting BC Green House Gas Reporting (BC sites Only)
- Supporting the National Pollutant Release Inventory
- Supporting the Benzene Emissions from Glycol Dehydrators (DEOS) program (both BC and AB assets) (if Glycol Dehydrators are on site)
- Supporting monthly Flare Reporting
- Supporting monthly sulfur reporting