We are recruiting for its client, a Contract Specialist:
- Develop strategies for categories assigned
- Discuss and agreed with internal stakeholder strategy to be followed
- Review all relevant sources sufficient to create robust tender lists;
- Engage the market based on speed and prudency using approved contract and ITT templates;
- Review the relevance of tendering to ensure it is not a futile and wasted task and recommend any other sourcing approaches which will add value to the business;
- Operationally connect with the technical community to be in tune with their operational requirements;
- To ensure electronic file organisation and be in a consistent position of preparation for any audit; internal or external;
- To perform all SAP transactions for outline agreements and purchase orders in ones area of responsibility in line with the expected well delivery requirements with the objectives of (i) creating legally binding contractual documents and (ii) decent quality levels of captured data for future searching and value added decision making;
- Be capable of creation of mayor contract and tender documents;
- Manage any negotiations in line with approved practices prior to effecting negotiations;
- Minimise fragmented market approaches and eliminate maverick spend activity;
- Ensure alignment of stakeholders for contracting;
- Ensure alignment with SHE, technical, compliance and supply chain team so that sourcing approaches, evaluations, execution and post award management are effective;
- Provide for robust evaluations to ensure value maximisation is identified
- Provide for risk identification and management throughout the respective category;
- Diploma/Degree or any other relevant certification in Business Administration, Law or Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Ideally a minimum of 1 year operating experience within Oil & Gas, but with the ability to grasp the needs of the business to contract to market
- An understanding of Supply Chain and aptitude to learn Category Management and demonstration of capabilities to design a contractual strategy for a specific category
- Experience with international suppliers
- Good internal and external networking.
- Proven track record of applying robust governance and decision quality principles with regard to all pre and post contract award activity across supply chains.
- Consideration may also be given to candidates without the aforementioned qualifications, but who instead have proven demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
- CVs should be sent by no later than the 20th of October 2018!