We are pleased to offer the following contract opportunity of General Manager located in St. John's, NL.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 2018-10-19 12:00:00
The General Manager will be responsible to manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for the Company in Newfoundland and Labrador. Our Client is looking for a person with experience from equivalent work. The required education level is a university degree within engineering and/or business and administration.
The Position will report to the Vice President for North and central America, located in Houston.
Role and Responsibilities
- Developing and executing the company’s business strategies
- Provide strategic advice to regional Vice President
- Budget, forecasting, sales and operational responsibilities
- Develop and implement programs for standardization of processes, cost leadership, and continuous improvement in collaboration with other organizational members
- Review activities, costs, and outcomes to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Develop customer relationships and interact with customer clients in areas of responsibility
- Work closely and proactively with leaders of other functional teams to ensure resource allocations are in line with current operational priorities and organization goals
- Recommend and implement capital projects aligned with business goals and strategic plan
- Develop team, mentor, and coach all direct staff. Help develop organizational capacity and build future leaders for the organization.
- BSc/MSc in engineering or business-related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of increasingly responsible experience in the oil and gas industry
- Management experience, including leadership of other management team members
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker and hands-on problem solver that possesses integrity and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, delegate and build a culture of accountability for results
- High level of business acumen, including financial, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to consolidate operational details and effectively communicate to stakeholders