Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operator based in Perth, is currently looking for an Instrument Engineer to join them for a 1 year contract.
In this role, you will support operations and maintenance staff with technical advice, application engineering, incident investigation, brownfield project scoping, spare parts and obsolescence management. The key deliverables are: instrument engineering support, developing a closely integrated working relationship with operations and maintenance staff by providing engineering expert advice. In addition, support in development and execution of maintenance strategies and practices. Job Description:
Provide technical advice and assurance through;
• Leading in the area of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and actively promoting the culture within the organization
• Support field instrumentation reliability.
• Develop major turnaround work scopes for control & shutdown valves.
• Review new brownfield designs & installations to verify compliance with corporate standards and practices.
• Develop/Review/Audit Field Instrumentation maintenance work processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
• Support assurance activities associated with lifecycle functional safety requirements in accordance to facility practices and standards (IEC 61511).
• Development of engineering procedures and practices, where relevant.
• Development of equipment strategies and practical maintenance practices.
• Participate in causal learning / RCAs as required.
• Identification of necessary spare parts and support of procurement team in managing instrument spares obsolescence. Skills and Experience Required:
Degree qualified with approximately 10 years’ experience with emphasis on operation and maintenance engineering preferably in LNG or wider oil & gas industry. The experience should include field instrumentation and preferably valves. Experience in work with offshore installations would be highly regarded.