Our partners with leading companies in the Energy and Mining sectors to source the top talent available in the Australian market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our industry relationships; this ensures the best possible fit for long-term success. As such we are now seeking an enthusiastic Buyer/Expeditor with strong experience in the oil and gas industry
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Buyer/Expeditor on a 3-6 month contract to work closely with our client and join our operations in Queensland. This role is part of a team delivering engineering services across a portfolio of projects for a global Oil and Gas company operating in Queensland’s Coal Seam Gas industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to sail your own ship and contribute to a passionate project team.
You will have a genuine interest in managing the procurement process and have excellent attention to detail. The key duties/responsibilities will include:
- Procurement duties for nominated purchase packages including formation and administration of the purchase order through bidder prequalification
- Tender evaluation, award and recommendation, and monitoring of performance of suppliers
- Managing top up orders and variations
- General purchase order administration, invoice verification, resolution of claims, resolution of back charges and purchase order close out
- Ensure that project procurement procedures and processes of the client are followed, including maintaining the necessary files
- Review and approval of documentation in accordance with the project Authorities manual
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Experience managing the procurement process on brownfields projects
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Ability to work autonomously, and solve problems in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Previous experience with design software packages would be highly regarded.
Our client offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects globally.
Should your skills and abilities fulfill the above please ‘Apply Now’