Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP)
- Join a leading global company in a senior leadership position
- Opportunity to build and drive the People strategy
- The role is based in beautiful Kitimat, British Columbia
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for BC Works to be the lead of HR and business expertise - by addressing complex and strategic business challenges, and improving productivity and performance.
This role is a great opportunity to join as a member of the Senior Management team. The HRBP will have an opportunity to provide customer-specific higher level support, solutions and strategies to the business leaders and work closely with regional, national and global resources in the delivery of HR services such as labour relations, performance management, leadership development and recruitment. Working a Monday to Friday schedule, and reporting to the General Manager - HR Atlantic, you will be:
- Supports the development of a HR strategic plan for the plant that enables the attainment of key business objectives.
- Advises, coaches, and supports the management team on strategic people challenges.
- While not responsible for the delivery of, the HRBP will work closely with the regional, national and global People Services teams in the delivery of performance management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, recruitment, learning and development and HRIS. In this regard, the HRBP will ensure the plant's people service requirements and trends are being identified and communicated to People Services and Areas of Expertise.
- Establishes strong, collaborative relationships across Rio Tinto at both a regional and global level. Partners with People Services to execute enterprise-wide HR initiatives and division specific programs.
- Maintains a current knowledge of existing and new laws and regulations related to HR management and ensures compliance.
- Establishes productive, personal relationships with the union and ensures a positive working relationship and partnership between management and the union. While the HRBP will not be responsible for negotiations, he/she will be an active participant.
- Promotes an understanding of the importance of excellence in HR management and the use of leading edge, professional and consistent practices and procedures throughout the organization.
- Supports the operation's health and safety plan and helps promote a culture of health and safety throughout the business.
- This is not a fly-in-fly-out position.
- Relocation to Kitimat area will be necessary for non-local applicants.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 12-15 years' experience, with demonstrated skills as an HR Generalist in a large, complex, unionized, industrial organization.
- Forward-thinking individual who understands business strategy and how to effectively translate it to an operational HR strategy.
- Broad expertise including workforce planning, talent management, performance management, labour relations, organizational design and development, succession planning and HRIS.
- Advanced communications, change management and organizational development skills
- Results oriented, financial analysis skills, and strong interpersonal skills
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of the aluminium industry