|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
EARLY WORKS ENGINEER - TANZANIA
MISSIONS / SERV ICE DIMENSIONS
The service holder shall:
? Maintain communication with key roads authority bodies at District Level
? Maintain communication on technical issues with TRC.
? Manage interfaces between the Civil Construction Contractor(s) and authorities,
? As part of a team ensure that the Quality of work by Civil Construction Contractor(s) is to the level required,
? Maintain an awareness of and ensure compliance with HSE standards and business ethics by contractors.
1. To overview and monitor the progress by Civil Construction Contractor(s). Including providing input to weekly and monthly reports. Appraise Early Works and Qualification Manager of main issues as they arise.
2. To ensure the Civil Construction Contractor(s) follows all appropriate HSEQ requirements, with a particular focus on:
o Safe road travel / transport at all times
o Induction and management of casual labour
3. Manage the exchange of information between contractor(s) and authorities.
4. Ensure that workscopes are carried out in line with current Local Regulations and Group standards, and obtain derogations for any deviations from Company General Specifications.
5. To promote 4C&D initiatives. Follow up the activities of Contractor(s), and strive to optimise costs and achieve value at every opportunity.
6. Ensure updated plans and daily progress is available for use and input into planning system.
7. Internally the position holder co-ordinates with the Pipeline Technical team, HSEQ and the ESM team.
Externally the position holder will liaise and co-ordinate with the various contractors and authorities within
Tanzania as appropriate.
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
? The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of main line block valves and trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment;
? Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 36 months after FID;
? Many of the Contractors being considered for the Early Works scopes have little or no experience of oil &
DURATION / LOCATION
- Starting date: Nov 2018
- Duration : 1 year renewable
- Renewable: Yes
- Location (country/site): Tanzania / various sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIE NCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a Civil Engineering
- Languages: Fluent in Kiswahili and English (speaking and writing).
- Professional Experience: 5 or more years in Civil Engineering - roads, bridges, site prep and / or water infrastructure in under developed environments.