We are pleased to offer the following key contract positions: Project Contracts Manager
Work Location: Oslo
Duration: 6 months
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time.
Closing date: 2018-09-24 12:00:00
- Provide general leadership and supervision to Project contracting team members, giving input to appraisals, career development and training
- In cooperation with the Supply Chain Contract Manager, plan, organize, allocate, direct and control the Project contracting team
- Manage and oversee the execution of Project contracting activities (pre- and post-award) conducted by the team, including but not limited to sourcing, tendering, evaluation, award, management and claims and close out
- Develop and implement Project contracting plans
- Implementing Project specific Client Contract requirements and ensure flow downs into Tenders , Contracts and Project contracting plan
- Perform compliant contracting activities for assigned Prospects, FEEDs and Projects in accordance with the contracting practices and standards published in the Company Management System and the established Project contracting plans
- Perform Project contracting duties including key responsibility for negotiations, trouble shooting and act as escalation point for issues between the Project contract team members and various stake holders and contractors / subcontractors.
- Ensure that all Project required contractors and subcontractors are prequalified according to the relevant procedures
- Provide regular status and progress reporting to clients, projects and management
- Actively provide input to the relevant Category Managers as required
- In cooperation with the Sourcing Analyst drive and build up business intelligence for the relevant markets, cost drivers, contractors and sub-contractors
- Ensure involvement of Legal, Insurance, Finance, HSEQ and other departments in the contracting activities where required.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of “Best Practice” contracting practices, standards, procedures and forms to meet the objectives of the Project and Company • In all matters seek to maximize value and minimize risk for company
- Other duties as assigned
- Contract management experience with preferable focus on pipeline contracts (manufacturing and installation).
- Ideally 10 years of relevant experience, primarily in the area of contracting
- Substantial experience within the technical, contractual and commercial issues related to design and engineering of Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading vessels
- International experience in offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage