This role will work for the Rig Supervisor with guidance from the Drilling Engineering Supervisor to ensure well integrity and a high level of operational efficiency is obtained and maintained.
- General Responsibilities
- Responsible for drilling engineering support to the operation.
- Ensures EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of operational programmes and rig operational activities.
- Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
- Familiarization with company standards and procedures and government regulations and requirements.
- Ensures that all drilling activities comply with company standards and governmental regulations.
- Provides well engineering delivery objectives as necessary.
- Provide input into the specification of drilling equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensures that all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future Tullow operations worldwide.
- Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Liaise with Well Engineering Group, London and sub-surface personnel to ensure reservoir requirements are delivered.
- Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and service companies.
- Specific Responsibilities
- Ensures EHS is inherent in all programming and well designs
- Ensures EHS is at the highest priority in all elements of programme delivery
- Deliver the Tullow EHS message during any rig or site visit
3.2. Continuous Improvement
- Ensures continuous improvement and Lessons Learnt are captured in the Drilling Operations Programmes and documentation
- Identifies performance improvement opportunities
3.3. Operational Support
- Provide on-time well engineering services which represent company standards and procedures and/or best industry practice
- Provide technical expertise in drilling operations including the design, execution, and post job analysis as needed.
- Plan future wells and ensuring required materials and services are available in country and allocated as required.
- Generate Outline and Detailed Drilling Programmes on a well by well basis.
- Close out rig generated actions and queries in relation to well engineering and supplier/contractor relations to support the operation including FIR's.
- Prepare Final Well Reports on a well by well basis.
- Maintain the Lessons Learned database.
- Liaise and verify vendors' well specific programmes (e.g. drilling fluids, directional plans, cement programmes, etc.)
- Issue all programmes to the required recipients, including the drilling rig personnel.
- Facilitate pre-spud meetings
- QA/QC Wellview DDR data quality.
- Conduct specialist projects from time to time as requested by the DES including optimisation and/or reduction in well cost.
- Work with Service Providers to develop training for Tullow Staff and for the rig crews.
- Build effective relationships with internal stakeholders, service companies.
- Mentor and develop staff (ie expat and Ghanaian)
3.5. Risk Management
- Perform well/operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs as required.
- Maintain well risk register.
- Ensure engineering mitigations are implemented.
- Develop well cost estimates for AFE compilation
- Maintain cost control records and Cost Reports as required.
- QA/QC well cost reconciliations.
- A University degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in mechanical or petroleum engineering.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
- High proficiency with IT and industry software including
- MS Suite
- Valid well control certificate
- Valid survival certification
- Proven experience as a drilling engineer with operating companies.
- Subsea drilling and completions experience in deep water or ultra-deep water.
- Knowledge of subsea completions preferably including running of intelligent completions, subsea well testing, and subsea tree / landing string systems.
- Work experience in remote locations.