Our client, a global mining and metals company require a Senior Process Engineer for one of their Refineries in Western Australia’s South West. The Opportunity
- This role is responsible for leading the technical direction to support the Refineries operations.
- Reporting to the Production Technical & Support Superintendent, the Senior Engineer is responsible for ensuring adherence to operating strategies and guidelines to ensure controls of the production processes are effective.
- The role will provide advice to the refinery teams on process related safety and business risks, and best practices to maximise production whilst minimising costs.
- The Senior Engineer will also play a key role in identifying and contributing to the development of the improvement pipeline.
- A key part of the role is how the Senior Engineer coaches engineers and specialists in system monitoring, and analysis, whilst identifying improvements to production systems and practices to achieve predictable, stable and required levels of operating performance.
- The successful applicant will foster an environment where inclusion, continuous improvement and well- designed work are normal practise in the way employees work.
- A tertiary degree or relevant industry qualification.
- Experience in leading or providing technical advice to small teams
- Experience in metals or mineral processing industry
- Understanding of alumina refinery operations, KPIs and ability to troubleshoot variances
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review process design documents such as PFDs, P&IDs, Control Functional Specifications, Process Equipment Specifications and Instrument and Mechanical datasheets
- Competent user in MS office suite of products
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The role is based in South West of WA, where the client’s employees choose to live in the Bunbury or surrounding areas which all offer an enviable country lifestyle. Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world famous wineries, this is an opportunity too good to miss. Benefits
- Staff based full time employee with the opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight
- Parental leave
- Generous Superannuation contributions
- Discounted Housing loan
- HBF Health Cover
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries