|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Position Title: Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer
Group: - Offshore Pipelines
Reports: - Offshore Pipelines Area Project Engineer
Work Location: - Bechtel London Office
Duration: - 9-12 months
Key qualifications for this position include:
• A bachelor’s degree in Ocean Engineering/ Mechanical/ Civil/ Naval Architecture from an accredited university
• 15+ years’ experience in design &development of capital projects with infield and export pipelines
• Minimum of 2 FEED pipeline project experience.
• Proven proficiency in handling front end engineering design and/or detailed engineering.
• Experience in overseeing or supporting installation engineering for ultra-shallow water pipeline projects
• Experience in EPC projects
• Experience in delivering design per DNV-ST-F101, ASME B31.4 and ASME B31.8 codes
• Experience with sour service pipeline design
• Middle east experience on UAE offshore projects is plus
• Work effectively with peers in a multi-disciplinary environment
Basic Function & scope
Key basic function and scope include:
• Develop engineering activities related to shallow water flowline and export pipelines during Pre-FEED validation, FEED studies, Long Lead Items procurement support, preliminary installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning engineering activities, EPCI bid package preparation for subsea Infield and Export pipelines.
• Perform specialist engineering activities in support of FEED deliverables including pipeline calculation reports, design reports, specifications, datasheets and oversee drafting
• Supervise Pipeline Engineers and support in Quality Assurance/Quality Control of FEED deliverables
Key responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
• Apply industry codes and standards along with lessons learned and best practices to the work related to subsea pipelines and infield flowlines.
• Provide support for preliminary pipeline routing assessment considering all interfaces, functional requirements, manmade and geo hazards using results from geotechnical and geophysical (G&G) survey.
• Prepare general field route maps
• Provide input and oversee automated Pipeline Alignment drawing (Bluesky)
• Should be able to manage and perform pipeline and fixed riser engineering activities including:
• Provide input to line pipe material selection, CRA line pipe fabrication and welding, CRA line pipe installation and welding qualification
• Perform fabrication and installation engineering considering of potential installation vessels
• Perform preliminary ECA analysis for welding qualification
• Provide input to project cost and schedule estimating;
• Assist with the development of the project specifications and purchase requisitions, as well providing support to bidding and contractor selection processes.
• Help implement inline inspection tools and integrity management requirements into the design and recommendations during manufacturing, fabrication and installation.
• Develop pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures and activities including, testing, flooding, pigging, gauging, assessing and mitigating risks, coordinating with other facility disciplines and implementing process safety in work execution.
• Participate in Project reviews, HAZID and HAZOP
• Participate in Value added engineering throughout the duration of FEED
• Prepare Request for Quotation for Subsea Installation Contractor package and participate in Vendor Evaluation
• Fully understand Client HSE expectations, HSE policy, procedures, applicable local regulations in light of very high H2S content of the pipelines as well as project location in the proximity of UNESCO designated marine preserve.
• Participate in training and development of junior pipeline engineers and designers
• Promote Bechtel’s zero accident, zero incident culture through inherently safe design meeting all regulatory requirements, client specifications and applicable industry codes and standards.
• Implement trend and Management of Change process
General Subsea Experience
Technical / Management position on at least 2 subsea flowline/ export pipeline projects with experience from FEED to Execution. Past work history for a pipeline/riser consultant or installation contractor, with experience / knowledge of shallow water pipeline design.
Experience with flexible/umbilical a plus.
Should be well versed in Pipeline Design Codes – ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, API RP 1111, ISO 13623, DNV ST-F101, BS 7608 and API RP 2GEO, API RP 2A
Should be well versed with MS Office, MathCad, DNV PET design package suites, ANSYS FE analysis program.
Knowledge of ADMA OPCO Specifications and international regulatory requirements is a plus.