Position: Site Foreman
Report to: Site Engineer.
Supervises: Site operatives
Liaises with: All company departments
The site Foreman will provide supervision to the site and distribute & monitor the tasks undertaken by the production team. He is to report the daily outcome of the site production to the site engineer. He has to guarantee the safety of operation staff on site and coordinate the site activities with the sub-contractor'
Duties includes but are not limited to
- Supervision of day to day operations of the site work.
- Follow up on the production & safety to ensure that work is being carried out as per design drawings, specifications & meeting planned dates in schedule
- Interact with Site Engineer for clarification in design
- Daily reporting about progress, non compliance, delay in work to the Site Engineer
- Conducting regular job site inspections
- Actively monitor the work environment for hazards
- Assist in the quality and safety of the employees and machines
- Identify and highlight possible risk on project
- Accurately inventorying the jobsite and ensuring that the supplies are properly maintained.
- Coordination for verification of extra claims raised by the consultant or contractor and reporting basic evidence for potential claims raise against the client.
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure that all work is being carried out safely
- Make sure that work comply with the method statement
- Report any non conforming work to Site Engineer to take corrective actions
- Recognizing, addressing and resolving issues/problems among/between crew members
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioural expectations to ensure crew morale and productivity
- Applying the principles of workplace respect on site
- Ensuring crew compliance with project policies and procedures
- Accountability for following on project plans standards and d schedules and monitoring those crews under his supervision perform daily and weekly activities to meet production goals.
- Working with the crew to overcome work challenges
- Periodically reassess daily goals to meet forecasted production
- On-site assessment prior to commencing work to ensure that the job is ready, and addressing any concerns
- Inspecting and measuring completed work
- The site foreman is accountable for the preparation of reports as required by the site engineer
- Preparation of daily production records
- Reporting on work progress
- Daily time keeping
- Worker violation reports
- Recommending personnel actions such as hiring, releasing, promotions and discipline to the site engineer
- Knows How to read plans
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, with good comprehension
- Coach and teach crew members
- Apply good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Manage differences and diversity at the work site
- Organize and delegate work
- Handle the administrative duties of position, including completion of required documents
- Is ready to take on new challenges and is willing to learn
- Has good work ethic
- Can adjust to change
- Can be a role model and one who leads by example
- Is willing to motivate and mentor crew members
- Is a team player
- Takes responsibilityKPI:
- Meeting project deadlines
- Cost efficient
- Safety claims on his sites
- Project profitability
- Job Profile:
- B. Tech in Civil Engineering with 3 to 5 years experience in same field
- Technical / Functional Skills Required.
- Possess leadership, communication skills, loyal, fair & self motivated.
- Capable to manage & supervise multiple functions
- Able to work under pressure
- Self motivator
- Speaks English