Job Title: Sr. Fire Protection EngineerLocation: Houston, TX Employee: Permanent
We are a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Engineering & Service Company, is seeking a Sr. Fire Protection Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Houston, TX.Job Summary
The Sr. Engineer Fire Protection consults with customers and staff on fire protection requirements, employing both education and practical experience and applying recognized codes and standards to provide alternatives and solutions to protect personnel and assets from potential fires.
- Oversee and provide engineering and/or design on specific projects, delivering effective and cost efficient alternatives and solutions for the project.
- Provide code and standard references, document research, and both formal reports and informal interpretations for fire protection applications.
- Engage customers, including consulting, presentations, teleconferencing, and written communication.
- Conduct on-site surveys such as Firewater flow tests, C-Factor testing and studies of customer data to develop reports and recommendations for fire protection applications.
- Review and perform hydraulic calculations on firewater systems and submit recommendation based on calculation results.
- Provide proposals, define scope of work for projects, pricing, and cost budgeting for engineering and design work.
- Continuously review changing codes, standards, industry specifications and practices and share new developments with staff.
- Continuously review new technologies and software for use in fire protection applications and share new developments with staff.
- Provide assistance to engineering, design, and construction staff, including design and code interpretations and design changes as required.
- Work closely with the engineering staff, Construction Manager, Project Managers, Sales, and other discipline engineers and designers.
- Create and maintain fire protection CAD / modeling standards.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years in fire protection with specific experience with firewater systems.
- Experience in fire protection design in petrochemical, oil refinery or related industrial applications are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, fire protection or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
- Must have experience-using AutoCAD.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain licenses and certifications necessary to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be able to obtain TWIC card and pass any required safety testing, including classes such as Basic Plus, OSHA 10 hour, etc.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).