We are currently working with a global provider of engineering services who are looking to engage with a Senior Civil and Structural Engineer on a contract basis located in Humberside. The successful candidate will form part of a multidiscipline project team and will report directly to the Lead Civil Structural Engineer.
Our client is looking for a self-motivated strong communicator with a proven track record in the production of engineering deliverables.
Key role responsibilities;
- Executing all aspects of the Civil and/or Structural Engineering Services as assigned by the Principal Civil & Structural Engineer.
- Planning of tasks to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure all engineering/study/design documentation is correctly produced.
- Undertake all forms of contact on a daily basis including written correspondence, telephone correspondence and face-to-face contact on a range of subject areas.
- Undertake site meetings and presentations.
- Ensure client deadlines / timescales are met.
- Assist with Compiling and issuing all necessary cost and schedule progress reports in line with company procedures.
- Maximise productivity, identify issues at the earliest opportunity to the Principal Civil Structural Engineer.
- Keep up with latest industry standards, technology and norms within the Oil & Gas, Petrochem and Energy industrial sectors.
- Coordinate civil and structural engineering work and/or subcontractors in such a manner that all targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and working with other engineers and designers
Essential Experience and Qualifications;
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent as a minimum
- Extensive experience in the process industry with experience of FEED and detailed engineering stages of projects.
- Fully conversant with all current civil/structural and HSE legislation appropriate to the process engineering and energy industries.
- A comprehensive understanding of quality systems to ISO 9001 standards.
- Competent use of Microsoft IT systems - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A proven track record and experience in civil structural design on multi discipline projects.
- Experience of directing / coaching junior Civil Structural engineers and designers on large and small projects, preparing designs and specifications.