|Apjid||3 View all jobs by this recruiter|
Our client, an oil & gas operating company, are urgently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Engineer to be based in Qatar on a contract basis.
The Senior Procurement Engineer is expected to pay special attention to local agency regulations when placing orders and to have good knowledge of the company's operations, group activities, petroleum industry equipment, specifications, manufacturers, operations and certifications requirements. The Senior Procurement Engineer mentors Procurement Engineer and Graduate Procurement Engineer.
- To manage purchasing processes delivering best quality in time and at the optimal cost
- To participate in the improvement of purchasing practices
- To mentor members of his/her team, and when possible other local staff
- To successfully prepare, negotiate and administer a broad range of complex, technical and high value/risk purchases
- To ensure the Partners' Entities requirements satisfaction to avoid any shortages of equipment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Intermediate level in purchasing technical Competencies required
- C&P tools advanced certification required
Qualification and background
- Professional experience: experience in purchasing of goods in the petroleum industry
- Main Personal Abilities: Basic Management, Advanced Human Relations, Problem Solving and planning / organising / coordinating / controlling