Planning Engineer (Contract)
Contract: 6 months +
We are currently working with a leading EPC contractor who are seeking a Planning Engineer to work on a 6-month contract in Surrey.
You role will be to understand the project schedule, the schedule basis and the work process to be followed for plan creation. With detailed knowledge of the project scope report and the execution strategy, including client reporting requirements to support project management. Working with Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers and Lead Engineers to proactively develop and status the schedule.
- Collection of information / production of monthly Status Reports for Project Managers.
- Production of progress, productive curves and earned value reporting.
- Production / issue of formal reports (with input from Projects).
- Preparing ad hoc progress reports to facilitate effective controls within Engineering.
- Provide statistical data for management reviews.
- Regular project team reviews, Public Planning Meeting and Last Planner Meetings.
- Initiate day-to-day discussions with all groups involved in a project to assess the change / schedule implication of ongoing work.
- Schedule reduction exercises to provide ballpark schedule views for alternatives.
- Assist project team in development of action plans to avoid / minimise cost / schedule overruns.
- Attend Lead Engineer's Meetings.
- Minimum of 10 years major project controls engineering experience in an EPC head office environment.
- Experienced user of Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated technical competency in the field of project controls.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable interpersonal, teambuilding skills.
- Working knowledge of all relevant engineering & construction codes and standards.
- Experience with SAP an advantage.