Production Process Planner - Steel
One of the UK's leading structural steel specialists designing, manufacturing and constructing a wide portfolio of projects to a variety of clients.
- Co-ordinate design, detailing and contract programs with the production program to ensure it is manufactured efficiently and in line with budget requirements.
- Liaise with the Design Department & Drawing Office to discuss & give guidance on potential 'design for manufacture' opportunities, to aid greater efficiency within the works.
- Review Tekla Structures models of live contracts to establish accurate fabrication hours with a view to keeping the production programme accurate.
- Analyse Tender data obtained from project launch meetings to split and assign work to appropriate areas/ facility and assist in the completion of production hours assessments.
- Review work packages to assess most efficient methods for production incorporating project schedules and review project specification to ascertain impact to individual departments. Y
- Liase with department supervisors to establish a constant update of the current status of projects and chase up any issues. The Planner will be the "link" between departments and assist in any issues with drawing packages.
- Work closely with QS department to substantiate variations, plus ensure project hours/ tonnages are updated for the production program.
- Work with the Estimating team to give production guidance on fabrication times, plus feedback production performance statistics.
- Responsible for completing a 'Master Efficiency' document, which reports all production hours spent on both internal & sub- contact processes for each live contract. This document is circulated around all Directors & Managers to give feedback on live contracts against production budgets.
- Experience of working in the Construction Industry, ideally Structural Steelwork, preferably with a Technical background
- Previous experience using Tekla Structures would be an advantage.
- A relevant academic qualification such as HND or appropriate qualification would be an advantage.
Whats on offer
- Development opportunity for a Process looking to grow their career within a dynamic business with a unique setup and a strong client base.
- Competitive basic salary and company benefits are available to the successful applicant.
- You will be working for a company truly invested in growing its talent and a friendly and supportive working culture.
What you need to do now