Are you looking for a new opportunity as an Offshore Drilling Supervisor, working for an Operator, based in Qatar?
Supervision of all offshore drilling rig based well construction and intervention activities.
- Implementation of the D&W Operational Programs (Drilling, Completion, Intervention etc.) in line with the Clients HSE and Operational Standards, Laws and Statutory obligations and also good drilling practices.
- Acting as Operating Authority in a SIMOPS context when the drilling rig is located over a wellhead platform. Responsible for implementation of SIMOPS processes ie Site HSE management.
- Daily operational cost is expected to be +/- 210k$
- Well duration is circa 45 days. Well cost is budgeted at +/- 16M$. Wells are expected to be delivered on time and within budget.
- Supervision of all related contracts and authorized signatory of job tickets following provision of associated services.
- 3-4 direct reports at site but indirect supervision of all personnel and services (+/- 100 at site).
- Ensure that all D&W rig site operational activities are carried out with all risks identified and satisfactorily mitigated. Demonstrate through leadership adherence to NOC and Rig Contractor Policy.
- Report, investigate or co-ordinate any investigation into all HSE related Incidents.
- Personally supervise all critical operations.
- Supervise the implementation of all well construction or intervention activities, directly or indirectly.
- Co-ordinate main contractor and 3rd party contractors' activity at site.
- Review all operational programs and agree the implementation method with the onshore superintendent (based in the Real Time Support Centre) in advance or indicate any required deviations.
- Provide daily reports of all activities including incurred cost estimates.
- Report all relevant lessons learned.
- Mentor less experienced Company Personnel at site.
- Act in the interest of the Client at all times.
- Minimise and eliminate unnecessary expense.
- All of the above is used in order to deliver the well program within time and budget and without incident.
- The Offshore Drilling Supervisor shall participate in crisis response training and lead during emergency response with the Rig OIM and/or Al Shaheen field OIM as a critical member of the D&W Chain of Command.
Context & Environment
The holder of this position shall work on a mobile drilling unit, either over a production platform of Al Shaheen or in a standalone location on rotation. The incumbent shall also provide office based support when required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Post high school qualification in Engineering preferred.
- Extensive experience within offshore supervisory roles, including experience as Offshore Drilling Supervisor.
- Valid IWCF Well Control Certificate required.
- Other training required as the Clients D&W matrix.