We are currently recruiting for Planning Engineers to support major projects and organisations in the delivery of accurate and timely project schedule information relating to the build of project baselines and accurate programme reporting. The Planning Engineer would drive the schedule performance reporting for the project to include for all Earned Value Management and tracking of key quantities which underpin the schedule.
Typically, a qualified graduate in a relevant discipline with five to ten years’ experience in the delivery of project controls services for major projects.
- Delivered planning services across a range of major projects, preferably across multiple sectors and internationally. Worked across the full project life cycle to include for pre-investment decision making and budgeting and during execution phases of work.
- Has experience in working to the planning procedures and setting the standards to which the project will adhere to.
- Highly conversant with planning systems such as Primavera, ASTA, and Microsoft Project to include for how this might interface with cost management systems.
- Establishing the structure of work to be controlled for the project against the agreed scope (defining the Work Breakdown Structure).
- Developing the Critical Path schedule to include for all activities, milestones, logic and durations.
- Building the basis of schedule to underpin the baseline in readiness for acceptance
- Reporting against the schedule to include for physical work completed and forecast of work to complete.
- Reporting to the project team to include for presentation of various measurement tools to include for, milestones, activity start and finish and trend of performance against baseline dates.
- Management of change control through the schedule to assure the baseline is current at all times.
- Interfacing with the cost function to assure Earned Value Information is accurate.