To deliver safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally compliant pipeline/gas compressor station operations and projects, Company requires two Controls Engineers to support and provide guidance to its Gas Transmission Operations.
In this role the successful candidate will be:
- Accountable for control system troubleshooting and PLC & HMI programming support.
- Support GE 90-70/90-30, Versamax, RX3i/RX7i PLC systems, Fanuc Genius I/O systems, GE Cimplicity/Proficy Machine Edition Software, Cimplicity HMI software, Controller communications - Devicenet, Modbus, Allen-Bradley PLC5, SLC-500 and Control Logix systems, Flex I/O systems, Rockwell RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000 software, Bently Nevada 3500 system hardware and software, Industrial instrumentation and controllers; P/T transmitters, valve actuators, servo position controllers, and LAN systems.
- Accountable for identifying and managing control system risks (both hardware and software) to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation.
- Participate in incident and root cause failure/risk analysis. Develop and spearhead risk mitigation plans.
- Accountable for identifying and managing MOCs related to instrumentation/control systems and maintaining change logs of all PLC changes. Maintain control system documentation such as ESD keys.
- Accountable for the evaluation of control equipment failure modes to identify systemic and repeat issues. Proactively develop action plans to minimize & eliminate mean time between failures.
- Accountable to be the Operations interface for Expansion and Maintenance Capital Projects.
- Participate in key project reviews and provide inputs on instrumentation and control designs to ensure that appropriate design specifications and standards are being used in the design process.
- Assist in commissioning and start-up.
- Support O&M processes by completing engineering investigations and providing root causes for solution development. Support initial project submission processes and provide subject matter expert input throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure communication between PLCs and HMIs are maintained to enable trouble-free operation of the Compressor Stations.
- Maintain RTUs (Remote Terminal Units).
- Ensure software upgrade/patching is applied to maintain uniform installations on all 130 HMIs.
- Liaise between SCADA, IT and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop control asset inventory and critical spare / disaster recovery plan.
- Support NEB audits as required.
- University degree in Automation & Controls or Computer Science or Electrical Engineering discipline
- 10 years of engineering experience from the graduation level
- Demonstrated proficiency in the above described accountabilities
- Excellent personal management capability, including time and priority management, organization, and accountability based management
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) registered with APEGBC or APEGA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills utilizing collaborative methods.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and meet the needs of multiple initiatives and stakeholders with tight timelines
- This role requires travel and additional time commitments outside of regular hours to ensure Operations/Project Support is delivered successfully.
- The hiring manager may elect to fill this job at a higher or lower level according to Job Family Guidelines.
The above profile is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, qualifications, or other aspects of the job.