Commercial Contracts Coordinator
Contract up to September 2019.
This is an exciting site based opportunity working on a large Petrochemical facility as part of the client team. The role is to manage and co-ordinate service contracts, liaising and negotiating directly with clients and contractors. The successful candidate will have a high level of experience in issuing and responding to tenders.
The position is a long term contract and our client is looking for the right candidate to start as soon as possible.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Recommend the most cost efficient contract strategy based upon the scope of work and the environment in which the works will be carried out.
- Liaise with Category Managers and obtain approval for the contract strategy.
- Produce tender for enquiry incorporating the technical scope supplied by Technical Team (Engineers / Planners)
- Coordinate the client’s response to tender queries raised by contractor via Ariba system.
- Coordinate and minute tender clarification meetings.
- Perform commercial evaluation of tenders and organise pre tender forum meetings.
- Lead contract negotiations.
- Produce the necessary documents for inclusion in the Purchase Order.
- Administration and filing duties with respect to T&I contracts.
- Evaluate claims for additional works and delays.
- Agree in advance labour and plant levels mobilised to site.
- Where necessary complete contract audits.
- Maintain a record of cost expended to date and Final Estimated Cost (FEC)
- Contract closure following completion of works, resolving all disputes & claims.
- Complete Suppler Evaluation Tool (SET) in conjunction with the relevant Technical Team (Engineers / Planners)
- Ensure all purchasing activities comply with the companies Group procedures/rules.
- Ensure Group Purchasing practices and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure technical specifications are maintained.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are maintained.
- Analytical Ability and communication skills.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years commercial background.