Main Purpose of Role:
Reports to our Engineering Manager for Europe & Africa. This critical role will deliver C&I engineering in all planning, delivery, operations support, design co-ordination and implementation of project work. It will also supervise differing assignments, from complex projects to short-term consultancy support, as well as the provision of advice to clients and the company’s field teams requiring comprehensive knowledge and skills in the C&I disciplines.
- Provide technical guidance to the Engineers/ Designers/ Technicians/ CAD and other associated personal in the C&I discipline.
- Develop full scope of projects at hand from basic concepts through FEED to Detailed Design, Procurement, Pre- commissioning, Commissioning and as needed, Operational Engineering support.
- Accountable for bidding, awarding, technical design and implementation of Automation & Control Systems, SCADA Systems, Control Centres and Communication Networks.
- Promote good communication and co-ordination within respective teams, across other disciplines and service lines and regions and also with the high-value engineering centre and current or prospective customers.
- Completion of assigned C&I design deliverables within a project team on our projects associated with oil and gas pipelines and all associated facilities
- Oversight in the preparation of MTOs, reports, specifications, data sheets, calculations and technical requisitions.
- Participate in Project reviews, HAZOPs and Design Reviews, SIL Assessment & process/controls Safety Management.
- Provide technical direction and supervision of Engineering Design/ CAD personnel in the preparation of C&I data on process flow diagrams, P&IDs, hook-up drawings, installation details, equipment, material MTOs.
- Undertake Vendor review and pre-qualification, bid evaluations including commercial and technical clarifications, participation of vendor meetings and provide assistance in contracting strategy and C&I package deliverables.
- Knowledge of COMAH compliance on instrumented systems. Knowledge and experience of working to IEE / IGEM standards and conducting EC&I FAT/SAT with corresponding sign off.
- Excellent awareness of Project CTRs and the actual time spent creating, checking and approving project deliverables.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- A broad technical background in the C&I fields on the design of some or all of the following: onshore and offshore pipelines/platforms, crude oil tank farms, process plants and petroleum refineries and FPSOs, including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental requirements of C&I engineering and basic background in other engineering disciplines, in particular Electrical
- Extensive background in relevant National and International Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Exposure to the EPC sector of oil and gas industry including Power Generation, Power Transmission and Power Distribution.
- Experience of hazardous area equipment requirements, European Directives (ATEX, EMC etc.) and International Standards.
- Strong technical understanding of Telecommunication Networks for project support on Communications based technical issues (satellite communication, VSAT, inter-systems/instrumentation platform/protocol for facilities and pipeline valve stations with data transfer typically based upon OTN/SDH/DWDM or other), cable and fibre optic selection (sizing and installation) and management of network traffic flow for SCADA, CCTV and LAN’s and WANs associated with local users.
- Strong technical understanding of:
Integrated Control & Safety Systems (ICSS) – to control and monitor industrial facilities.
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition system (SCADA) – to control and monitor pipeline transmission.
Protection systems – to provide the process safety for facilities and/or pipeline transmission; structured levels of shutdown; ESD, isolation, machinery protection.
Protection systems – to provide the Fire & Gas detection for facilities and/or pipeline transmission; protection systems for equipment panels and equipment as necessary.
- Good knowledge of C&I design software, MS Excel, MS Access and database in general, Word, Outlook, Windows and Internet.
- Experience in the regulated industries, including G17/ GL5 approver/ appraiser qualifications along with practical Authorising Engineer/ Competent Person experience, is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with Senior Management and Clients, as required by the Business Stream.
- An engineering degree in the Electrical or C&I fields, along with possession of extensive and comprehensive post qualification experience, including knowledge of construction projects.
- Chartered member of a relevant institution is preferred.